HOME MADE PUMPKIN GNOCCHI w. brown butter & sage
- 600 g Pumpkin
- 200 g all purpose flour NOTE: the amount always varies please add gradually and adjust
- Black pepper
- Nutmeg – optional
For the pumpkin gnocchi sauce:
- 40 g Unsalted butter
- Handful of sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Clean the pumpkin, then cut it into large chunks and cook in the oven until you can pierce it easily with a fork.
- Let the pumpkin cool down at room temperature then peel it and purée it by hand with a fork or masher (don't use a blender).
- If you want, add a pinch of nutmeg.
- Add black pepper.
- Gradually start adding the flour. You have to obtain a thick batter. Don't add too much flour otherwise you'll get a gluey consistency.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
To make brown butter sauce:
- Place 20g of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk and keep whisking.
- After a couple of minutes you should see brown bits appear on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and immediately add clean sage leaves so they crisp.
Cook the gnocchi:
- When the water boils, salt it then take two teaspoons and make quenelles with the pumpkin mixture.
- Throw them directly into the water.
- When they start floating, take them out of the water and set aside.
- When they are all done - Sautée the gnocchi in the brown butter sage sauce until the outside becomes crispy.
- Divide, serve and enjoy!