Sticky Baked Chicken Drumsticks W. Honey Mustard Sauce
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Remove skin from chicken and pat dry - You can also cook with the skin on and crisp it under the grill - completely up to you!.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and put the chicken in so it is not completely touching - 2 pans if you need to but don't overload as the chicken ends up boiling not baking!. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine mustards, honey, paprika and garlic powder until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour about 2/3 of the mixture over the chicken. Brush on to cover each piece with the sauce. Set aside the remaining sauce for basting.
- Slide the pan into the oven uncovered, and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste the chicken with the sauce from the pan. Brush the remaining sauce over the chicken. Roast for an additional 15 minutes and baste again.
- Turn on the grill and grill the chicken for several minutes to caramelise the sauce - about 5 minutes, watch closely to avoid burning. If using skin-on chicken this will also help to crisp the skin.
- Remove from the oven and baste again with the juices from the pan. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with roasted sweet potato and green salad